Wednesday, November 16

Crockpot Lasagna

I changed up my menu planning this week, just so I could make this meal and take pictures of it and submit it to The CSI Project for their Slow Cooker theme this week!!

Visit thecsiproject.com

I usually make this meal on Sundays.  It's a 4 hour crockpot meal and it is so nice to come home to a hot meal without a ton of work!! I have even assembled it the night before and put it in the fridge and just popped it into the crockpot and turned it on in the morning!!

This is also an AWESOME pot luck meal as it stays warm!  I have made this MANY times when we served at our local rescue mission because it stays hot during the service!!

SO here is CrockPot Lasagna!

 Ingredients:
8 oz. lasagna noodles (9 or 10 noodles)
1 lb italian sausage
2 jars tomato sauce
16 oz. Ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded Mozzerella
garlic powder
italian seasoning
salt/pepper


Shred the cheese if you don't buy already shredded...

Cook the sausage, and drain off the fat

Grease the slow cooker and add a layer of sauce on the bottom
Start layering...

Break Lasagna noodles to fit in slow cooker

add more sauce, then sausage and cheeses
sprinkle with a layer of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt/pepper to taste

keep layering until ingredients are use up
End with a delicious layer of Mozzerella


Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (I have never cooked more than 5... usually only 4)

and then enjoy the tasty goodness that is Lasagna!


for more great crockpot recipes, be sure to check out The CSI Project this week... and come back here tomorrow! I've got another crockpot recipe for you!!

with the busy holiday season upon us, this is a great recipe to "set and forget," so I am linking up to Tip Me Tuesday with Tip Junkie!
Tip Junkie handmade projects

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Julie, I'm coming over to your house right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bookmarking this! Looks like a GREAT Sunday meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good . . . and your step-by-step instructions were perfect! Great crock pot recipe! :) Thanks for linking up to the CSI Project!
    Camille
    www.SixSistersStuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG This looks AMAZING!! This is going on the to make list. Looks like a great meal for Wednesday evening after prepping for Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely be trying this! And seeing as your using Wegmans items , I'm a new follower too cause you must be somewhat nearby :)

    www.auddanielle.blog.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've got me wondering if this will work with gluten-free lasagna! Looks great, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not find gluten-free lasagna anywhere! I am going to try with a substitute pasta.

      Delete
  7. I have never, NEVER made lasagna because my mother in law makes to-die-for lasagna and I didn't want to mine to be a miserable disappointment. BUT this one I am going to try! :-) Thanks Julie! - Stephanie Hatfield

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't really like ricotta cheese...do you think this would work with a substitute cheese or does the moisture in the ricotta make the dish work in the crock pot?

    Love this idea though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the sauce that makes it work, so I think swapping out cheese would be fine. I know someone who uses cottage cheese in lasagna, maybe that would work!! :)

      Delete
  9. I used whole wheat noodles and turkey sausage to make it a little lighter. And low fat cheese it was amazing!!!! And perfect for a lazy Sunday. Great recipe thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you cook it for 2 hours on high instead of 4 hours on low? I'm new to crock pot cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, because the noodles are not cooked ahead of time it might need a longer time to soften. Sometimes cooking is trial and error, so it might be worth it to try it once.

      Delete
  11. could you use ground beef in place of the sausage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would work just fine, just a matter of taste preference

      Delete
  12. Made this for dinner tonight.... delicious!! Will make again

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do u boil the noodles first or do they go in crock pot raw?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie -- How many people does this feed?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can put straight in without boiling first

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...